These hand-carved Wood Spirit Bird Houses are just what you need to attract some new feathered friends.
Overall dimensions are approximately 20" high, 10" wide, and 11" deep.
Internally, the nesting area is 4" wide, 5" deep, and 4" below the 1.25" entrance hole. This makes this birdhouse appropriately sized for smaller nesting birds like bluebirds, wrens, warblers, nuthatches, chickadees, or even a tufted titmouse.
- Hinged roof for easy clean out and viewing.
- 1" thick walls, roof, and floor to insulate in cooler months and protect from the heat in the summer.
- Ventilation holes under the eaves for temperature regulation.
- Drain holes in the corners of the floor to keep the nest dry in case any water does get in.
- Rough, unsanded interior with scoring below the opening to assist the fledglings when it is time to leave the nest.
- Natural charred finish to add character and preserve the exterior against the elements.
- Eye hook for easy hanging.
These birdhouses do not have exterior perches. Exterior perches encourage predation by larger birds and other animals.
Recommendations for hanging vary depend based on the space you have, and the types of birds you are hoping to attract. Many birds benefit from the entrance facing an open area to the south, southeast or east between 6 and 10 feet from the ground. Please consult a reliable source like the Audubon Society, or Nestwatch for specific information.